Draper provides several educational materials to help architects, designers, dealers, and owners understand how to use our products as part of a sustainable design.
White Papers and Case Studies
- The Green Side of Window Shades
- Today’s window shades can help cut heating and cooling costs, and improve thermal comfort and worker productivity. This white paper discusses various issues, and how shades help. Click here to download this white paper.
- Skylight Shading: Challenges and Solutions
- Although skylights are very effective in allowing natural daylight into buildings, this light needs to be properly managed. Click here to download this white paper.
- Exterior Venetian blinds: the most effective way of providing solar control?
- This white paper provides an in-depth look the performance of exterior Venetian blinds, and the best ways to utilize them to cut heat buildup and glare. Click here to download this white paper.
- DL201 – Daylighting 201
- This course covers the benefits of natural light, and explains how it can be maximized and energy conserved using motorized shades and controls. For more information and to register, click here. (http://www.draperinc.com/go/AIACES.htm)
- DL301 – Managing Daylight with Automated Solar Control
- Shades play a crucial role in helping a facility reach daylighting autonomy, the minimum use of artificial light and the maximum use of natural light without being overcome by glare. This course provides an overview of the benefits of designing a space with ample views and daylight, the challenges this presents, and how motorized shading can help solve these issues. For more information and to register, click here. (http://www.draperinc.com/go/AIACES.htm)
- HL402 – Managing Heat and Light with Exterior Shading Systems
- Exterior Shades play a crucial role in helping a facility control its temperature and light levels. Exterior treatments offer a modern design and the functionality that todays building are in demand for. This course provides an overview of exterior systems and how each operates and can play a role in energy efficiency and aesthetics. For more information and to register, click here. (http://www.draperinc.com/go/AIACES.htm)