From Draper’s Blog
Draper supports green building projects and takes sustainable design seriously. On our blog we post articles about how our products support green building, daylighting, shading, and other information about how to get the most out of the products and resources that are available to support an environmentally conscious build.
- Four Ways to Use the Pantone Color of the YearJust in case you haven’t heard the news, let me be the first to break it to you: Pantone has named its 2017 Color of the Year! The Color of the Year is … Greenery, also known as Pantone 15-0343. Pantone calls it a “refreshing and revitalizing shade,” adding that ... read more
- NAQs for Window ShadesRecently, we shared a number of NAQs—Never Asked Questions—relating to our AV products. NAQs are the opposite of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs); not only do they almost never get asked, but they are questions we wish we’d hear more often. You can click here to read that post. For this ... read more
- Introducing EchoControl Acoustical ShadingDraper is proud to introduce a new line of acoustical shading products. We’ve all heard of different kinds of pollution as they pertain to buildings. Of course, there are physical types of pollution we have to worry about—by-products getting into groundwater, for instance, or chemicals off gassing into the air. ... read more
- European Vacation-Exterior Shading EditionI’ve just returned from completing a bucket list item: vacation in Europe. I studied in Europe (many years ago). I have worked in Europe (short trips to ISE—Integrated Systems Europe—and to our subsidiary, Draper Europe). But I’ve never traveled in Europe just to enjoy it. This year, we finally made ... read more
- Greenbuild 2016 PreviewNext week, Draper will be in Los Angeles, exhibiting at Greenbuild 2016. Greenbuild has become one of our most important shows as the role of solar control has become more important in the green building movement. In the past, we’ve introduced some of our most innovative and important solar control ... read more
- Three Ways to Control Draper Motorized ShadesWith the use of more and bigger windows in all types of construction, Draper motorized shades are playing a more important role in mitigating the issues that result. Shades can help provide thermal comfort, reduce glare, or even provide varying levels of privacy while allowing building occupants to enjoy the ... read more